Friday, April 19, 2013

Baby and everything in between!!

I will try to break this gently...I love kids, yes I do. In fact when I was undergoing my Internship in Gynae-obs department, I still remember my first case, I was a part of medical team in OBS department  when we delivered a beautiful baby girl, It was my first experience, I was involved in that case for 5 hours, I was checking for baby progress every 10 minutes, listening to heartbeat, asking the lady to relax and then push harder and when I saw the baby head emerging from now where, and when with that last thrust the baby came down in my hands, I was all tears...to see the miracle in my hands...I was actually crying and my senior doctor was looking at me in amazement, those were the tears of astonishment and happiness, I felt to be a proud doctor and I jotted every single detail...baby gender, time of birth, birth weight, etc in the birth certificate.

Babies are god's loveliest creations...they are pure miracle and its an amazing feeling to be a mommy but I am just too scared...oh god..yes I am...I am married for 2 years now and I know I should be planning for it but I get cold feet every time I thing about it...Am I ready?? will be a good mommy??, how will I manage??...these are the questions that keep on bothering me. I mean..my life will change entirely...and I am too scared for this big change. I don't know how to go about it and yet agian when I see a mommy with a baby..my heart just tells me...see what a beautiful bond it is...its not going to be that hard as you are thinking.  geez...I am confused...I really need to calm down I know.

I guess it will take some time to condition my mind and go for it :) in the meanwhile I am drawing ;)












4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you would be a fabulous mother =) Neither one of mine were planned (go figure!) and I sure wasn't ready. It definitely changes things, but in the end, we all cope with what we have whether we are ready or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nudge Brittney !! My husbands says when a woman thinks about a baby, whole woman world conspires for it ;). I need that nudge and those motivational words right now :)

      Delete
  2. Nothing is more precious and beautiful than having this feeling...Everything just falls in place u hv to hv trust in god...This is the main topic when v meet up in delhi this time.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all geared up for that meeting!!! waiting for you eagerly with my camera!!!

      Delete