Thursday, April 4, 2013

Water Melon !!




Oh yes!! Water melons are everywhere in Delhi these days.  I welcome summers in Delhi with all my love.  eeeuuu, I want to get rid of winter clothes-head bands, shawls, fur coats, sweaters...I mean I wonder how much weight we carry around in winters.  just for this very reason, I love summers, you wear minimal clothes and you feel energetic and light, Isn't it??

coming back to water melons, yes I love water melons. i mean wow water melon is a vine like flowering plant, imagine such a huge fruit growing in a vine!!. water melons are rich source of Vitamin A, B1, B3, B4, B5, B6, B9 and oh my god Vitamin C as well, it has Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, and Zinc and best of all it is approx. 92 percent water by weight, what can be good than this in summers, it replenishes your body water and you stay hydrated in summers.  It improves blood pressure and supports heart.

Here is a juicy recipe to keep you cool in summer heat, enjoy:

Water melon salad

1.     Cut the watermelon into large dice (just the bright red part)


2.     Sprinkle with crumbled feta  and mint leaves.


3.     In a bowl, combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and whisk until combined.


Drizzle the salad and serve :)


And hey !!!Do remember to store your cut watermelons in a sealed container with a tight lid in refrigerator to maintain freshness, taste and juiciness :)




*Please excuse typos






No comments:

Post a Comment