Friday, May 8, 2015

I am the change...




Change!!  I get lost somewhere in the resonance of this word, in the vibrations as this word travels all around me in the air …I get lost as the sound of this word propagates, and is then received and perceived by my brain…

I was born and given a specific name, but I am no longer that person anymore... 


and If I have changed and I continue to do, then I wonder, should I be called by the same name " Supreet" ??? 

My name was "pratinu" when I was born and was a tiny being...at the same time I was a  "Putri" (daughter),  a "Sodarya" (Sister),

"shishuka" when I was a toddler..."Kishori" when I was going through the phase of hormonal interplay and spurt in bodily growth. When I went in search of career and dedicated my life to studies, my name was "Talib"... and "Rajati" when I fell in love..".samvesha" when I used to day dream and spend hours dreaming about my future.

"Jaya" the moment I was pronounced as wife by holy men, when we walked around the fire deity... "utkalapayati" when I bid farewell to  my father's place and went on to live with my husband.  My name was" Prajavati" when I had bun in my oven... and "Janyitri" when Vihaan was born...

I will remain a "Putri" (daughter),  a "Sodarya" (Sister), a "Sakhi" (Friend), a "Jaya" (Wife), a " Janyitri" (Mother) for the respective relations in my life yet I will be changing continuously...for today you can call me "Mumukshu"  ( One who seeks Liberation) .



Like a snake I shed my personality when I outgrow it…

Like a tree... I  shed my insecurities and my fears when they weigh me down…but with time they seem to grow on me again...and the cycle continues...the changes continues!!

Like a river I bend my course when the terrain requires…I am never the same, however my origin remains so... 

Like a seed sometimes I go in complete darkness , choose to remain dormant , bulb out when conditions are favorable and bloom like a flower when the time has reached…

Tomorrow when the sun will rise above the horizon... and the horizon will be painted red...while the rest of the sky will mostly be blue....I will have a different name :) and what will that be?? I don't know !!

I am the change!!




1 comment: